I received an email from a guy a number of weeks ago recommending this weed to me. He expressed his thanks for creating my blog and wanting to help women around the world and that he had found this weed/herb, that claimed to be able to cure Endometriosis. To be honest, I kinda dismissed the email for a few weeks because I am dubious when someone claims that one thing, one product, one herb can cure Endometriosis.
Having had a little more time to read through the email again, I decided to research the plant a little further. What I found was really interesting. The plant is called Milfoil or Yarrow. (Yarrow Achillea Millefolium)
It is actually like a weed, that grows in many locations around the world. It is easy to grow and easy to get.
The Amazing healing powers of Yarrow for Endometriosis:
- Yarrow promotes circulation and will stop excessive blood flow – it was used in ancient Greek times to stop hemorrhages.
- Yarrow is known as a uterine tonic and will improve uterine tone. It also thereby increases blood flow where needed and regulates scanty or irregular flow. So, it increases where needed and slows down where needed – brilliant!
- Yarrow stimulates bile flow – this means, it will help with liver digestion and toxic load on the liver.
- It has a drying effect on the system – that means, it will reduce any “damp” symptoms in the body. Many women with Endometriosis suffer from “damp” or what is more commonly known as Candida or sinus or mucous in the body. “damp” is a Chinese Medicine term which are associated with blockages in the abdominal area.
- It normalises opposing conditions. – any extremes in the body.
- Yarrow is used in Traditional Chinese Medicine as well as Ayurvedic Medicine and has been dated back to the burial caves 60,000 years ago. – this proves it has been used throughout the world and in history.
- Yarrow contains antispasmodic activity. It has a substance much like Asprin, which alleviates pain and inflammation. – WOW!
- It is super cheap and easy to get.
How to use it?
Just make a cup of tea with a few of the flowers, 3 times a day. If they are dried leaves, use about a teaspoon in a cup, three times a day.
Here is a place you can get – in South-Africa – don’t worry, they ship to anywhere :)
* Don’t use Yarrow if you think you might be pregnant, after Ovulation.
I am truly excited about finding and hearing about this weed! I do hope it lives up to it’s amazing promises for Endometriosis and I am planning on growing it in my garden this weekend! It is very exciting!
Had you heard of Milfoil? Do you want to try it?